About This Role:
The Threadless digital team is building the world's best platform for artists to share and sell their art. We are growing and adding an additional Software Engineer to our 9 person team. We work in an open floor plan office that's covered in amazing urban art, in the center of Chicago's West Loop Neighborhood.
Threadless is a Python shop. We're using Django with Threadless.com and for our Artist Shops platform. Our API is built on top of the Flask framework. To handle our asynchronous work, we have a distributed task queue system which has been built with Celery. We're an agile team that's focused on enhancing Threadless.com and our growing Artist Shops platform. Our technology helps hundreds of thousands of artists create and sell amazing products to millions of people.
If you're a seasoned engineer that's passionate about coding, solving problems, collaborating, learning, and building kick ass products then we'd love to hear from you.
Threadless is made up of creatives from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with just tees, but tons of products make great canvases. While we work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, it’s our community who makes and picks the best art for us to offer. Whether it’s voted-on art at Threadless.com or designs artists choose to include on their very own Artist Shops, when you buy from us, you support great art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art.
Threadless. Make Great Together
BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
· 2+ years experience developing large web applications
· Expertise with Python, Django and Flask frameworks preferred
· Experience writing scalable and efficient code for large production web applications
Bonus Points For:
· Full stack engineering: front end and back end experience
· Django wizardry: implementation of efficient models, killer views, and DRY templates.
· Excellent Git-fu
· Quality contributions to open source projects
· Experience optimizing the performance of web applications
· Hands-on experience refactoring production code
· Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services, or other cloud hosting services
· Love of software engineering practices like: test driven development, continuous integration, pair programming, and code reviews
· Examples of launched projects
· Full benefits package and matching 401k plan
· Unlimited vacation policy and flexible schedules, including the ability to work remotely part time
· Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
· Access to conferences and continued education
· Tons of free Threadless merchandise
· Work in a casual environment with talented, innovative people
· Canine co-workers, table tennis, foosball, video games, kegerators, bottomless LaCroix, endless snacks, and catered breakfasts
· Fitness program reimbursements
· Mass transit benefits