Music…Movies…Games…Trans World Entertainment provides customers the most compelling entertainment and pop culture experience in the marketplace. The Company operates hundreds of f.y.e. retail stores in the United States and Puerto Rico along with the websites www.fye.com and www.secondspin.com.
- Design and develop user interfaces from product requirement specifications and designs.
- Perform code reviews and interact with product owners, quality assurance testers, other developers, and system architects on a daily basis to produce high quality results in a timely fashion.
- Make informed recommendations/decisions to improve our technical landscape, enable mission, and reinforce the bottom line.
- Document code appropriately for maintainability.
- Creating or refining build processes.
Desired Knowledge or expertise:
- Extensive experience utilizing best practices and design patterns to create data-driven applications with RESTful API integrations
- Experience with build and automation tools such as npm, Webpack, and Gradle.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Some knowledge of the following tools and languages:
- Xcode, Swift, Objective-C
- Android Studio, Java, Gradle
- Github, Git, SCM
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, Lambda, Redshift, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Proven ability to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs
- Experience with app distribution process a plus (iTunes Connect, Google Play)
This position is based at our company headquarters in Albany, NY. Occasional trips to our satellite office near Grand Central Terminal in New York City will be required. Travel to partner and prospective partner offices within the U.S. may also be required from time to time.