XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We currently have an opening for a Fullstack Software Engineer in Spain.
At XING Spain, we are responsible for the development of all XING's E-Recruitment offerings, including our flagship recruitment product the XING Talent Manager or new innovative products, such as the XING Referral Manager. These define the social recruiting market in the German speaking area with high relevance and transparency for the jobseeker. The combination of E-Recruiting and Social Networking is an exciting emerging market. Our focus is on building smart solutions in the spirit of user-centric relevant information, fueled by company reviews and ratings from our subsidiary Kununu.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Fullstack Software Engineer, with expertise in modern web technologies across the whole stack:
- 3-5 years developing web applications
- 3 years of experience with Ruby, supporting an entire stack built with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and SASS
- Proficient with Git
- Familiar with agile methodologies and enjoys working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts
- Constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change
- Fluent in English
- Experience with building APIs (RESTful, GraphQL)
- Confident with Linux terminal, bash scripting, automation
- Contributor to open source projects
An inspiring environment
XING offers a dynamic environment, as well as flexible working hours, you'll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 15 million users
- Ability to work remotely a few days a month
- Be part of a highly motivated and distributed team
- Regular hack weeks
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow
- A multicultural and diverse environment with employees from all over the world
- Subsidized restaurant tickets, free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more
- Company pension plan
- Spanish and German lessons
- Relocation pack if needed
- A mobile device as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…)
- Competitive salary and permanent contract (“contrato indefinido”)
- A sunny office located in the center of Barcelona, with a large terrace and a pool table
We contribute to open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://medium.com/xing-engineering) and organize public user groups and coding events.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to meet you.