Big Data Developer (Spark/ Scala/ Hadoop)
RBC Investor and Treasury Services (I&TS has developed a multi year business transformation strategy, Advanced Client Experience (ACE), that focuses on aligning our clients' requirements with system enhancements designed to improve their overall experience, enhance operational efficiency and reduce risk. You will be part of a highly skilled agile team and work in a very collaborative environment where you will have continuous learning opportunities and challenging work. We are using continuous integration, Hadoop based solution and leading edge architecture to quickly deliver a next-generation portal for our clients.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title.
What will you do?
- Design, develop and test a large-scale, custom distributed software system using latest Java, Scala and Big data technologies
- Employ Agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration using Jenkins to improve overall execution speed and product quality
- Be a technology advocate and share expertise with other team members
- Be a key partner to the business and the rest of the team throughout the delivery cycle
- Think through challenging and interesting problems and solve them with your team
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years software development experience
- Solid experience with Java and multithreaded application development is required
- Experience with Hadoop or understanding of its components (HDFS, HBase, Spark)
- Proficient at Real-time Technologies, such as Kafka, Akka, etc.
- Strong understanding of algorithms
- Strong programming skills with Scala, Spark & Java
- Proficient with Java technologies and ecosystem: Java 8, Maven, jUnit.
- Proficient experience using CI and automated testing tools such as Jenkins, Selenium.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux scripting languages.
- Experience using SCM tools such as SVN, & GIT.
Nice to Have
- Experience with data modelling and data management tools
- Experience working in an agile environment
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through training and study groups
- Be a key enabler of RBC agile and technology transformation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team